Thursday 3 March 2016

Leadership

My team has recently come into a position where one tester was not going to be enough resource to carry the project on in a sustainable fashion.

So we ended up with having a tester from a different internal team join us and contractor as well!

This has led me to have my first proper encounter with having a leadership role within a group of testers.

It has been a great experience so far, lets not forget though that it is hidden work at the end of the day that you don't appreciate until you are in the role.

I no longer just have to worry about the flow of work coming into me, but also into the other two team members, while also getting them up to speed on the different aspects of the project and providing the work most appropriate for them as time goes on. There is also the benefit of having many eyes and more idea's floating around of how to test things effectively.

Lets see how it goes!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

No comments:

Post a Comment